If you are here to know the running procedures of a water pipe on the concrete floor, then let me be honest with you that it will be a little bit harder. There will be a sawing procedure to start and after that have to dig in a certain way and lots of dust.
First of all, as you want to make your way of doing the job you have to consider a few things. It’s very much suggested to make your work done by any professionals. Besides, we may follow some of the criteria that will help us understand how to run water pipes on a concrete floor?
Equipment required for the procedure
Having the right equipment will be a significant part of this procedure. The equipment you must need is,
- Measuring tape.
- Spray paint/ white chalk.
- Wet Concrete Saw.
- Respiration mask.
- Eyewear that will protect your eye.
- Enough number of pipes and pipes joints.
- Concrete mixture.
After buying all this necessary equipment, we will be ready to do our job of running the water pipe in the concrete wall. These are some of the equipment required to run the water pipe. There may also need some other equipment. But this list is mainly for the undeniable need.
- You can check our review on How To Apply Bar Top Epoxy?
- You can read about How to Use Wood Carving Tools?
- Checking the How to Paint Countertops Without a Kit will be helpful as well.
Running Procedures Of How to Run Water Pipe in Concrete Floor
- First, you need to take the measurements of how much pipe you may need to use in the concrete slab. To determine the pipe length, you should mark on the pipe. After that, you must purchase lines of the same material and quality as the existing pipes, or you may buy better quality that suits your budget.
- You have to be concerned about the configuration with minimum twists and turns. Determining the center of the new line at the origin point where it would end and marking the center on either side form a complete mark.
- This is the time to do some cutting and mechanical work. Now make a deep cut about 4 ½ inch on where you marked. This step will be very noise-making and very time-consuming. You may feel tired doing so, and you may also take some rest.
- Installing the pipe in the drain trench and ensuring adequate pipe support is available in the building drawing is essential. The tube can also pass through the slab, but for that, the pipe needs to enter a minimum of 5 inches above the top of the concrete floor. There’s a possibility of twisting the line as well; to avoid this problem, you may use the best quality pipe to ignore further trouble.
- Covering the mouths will be our 2nd most important priority. After you secure the pipes, cover the pipe mouths with tape so that the water may flow smoothly through the tube and no lick age could occur and cause an accident. This step is why so much is prioritized, as your work can give a polished finishing, and you may not do the same job again.
- Filling the trench with soil a concrete to cover the pipelines and using a hand shovel to fill the canal to backfill is even with the floor. If the drain is higher than the existing floor, you have to level the entire floor, which will take lots of hard work and time. But when you see the job done, it will give you immense pleasure.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How deep should the pipes run under the concrete floor?
The pipes should be under a minimum of 3 feet or 18 inches under the concrete wall if it is about a house, or it can take half of the wall’s space being settled on the middle of the concrete floor. It is also for security purposes that ensure the pipe remains intact and if any occurrence happens that can be sustained by the concrete floor.
That is why it is essential to purchasing a good quality pipe to install that will support you for an extended period, help you to forget about the installation, and provide you with a good water supply. Whenever you are following an instruction, you must think of why you should follow that. In this case, the reason of why you should run the pipes under 3 feet is to help your floor safe and staying free from the licking problems and also from the sound problems that is going to be produced by the flowing water within the pipe.
2. How can you install a drain on an existing concrete floor?
Installation of a floor drain will be a little easier than running a water pipe in the concrete wall. Sawing and digging the concrete and leveling after the work will give you pain, but you can avoid that by having a professional plumber. Besides that, if you want to do it on your own, you have to cut the concrete, dig the trench, install the new pipes according to the markings, and then level it with concrete.
You may follow the others procedures available on the internet. Still, these are some opinions experts that will help you to avoid further trouble, especially when you are about to install a drain on an existing concrete floor.
It is not highly suggested to do this job yourself if you are not a professional because the procedure contains some cumbersome equipment to handle that may cause harm to you or others. There will be a high possibility that the work may not be done correctly if you are not a professional plumber.
But it is very much advised to be focused on the running procedures of a water pipe through concrete floor? You may also help the professional if you want to learn about this process. Running the water pipes in concrete may contain some hard steps, but every effort will teach you almost thousands of things. That is why you should focus on your work by yourself so that you can have the experience and use the expertise somewhere else.
Hi, my name is Gabrielle. I have been into Automotive Industry for over 15 years. If you’re anything like me, then building, maintaining and improving your Automotive Industry/Projects is all part of the Automotive experience.
My goal with this blog is to share my experience with and help you discover new and exciting things about Automotive.